- Several bags of wrapped, red-and-white peppermint candies. NOTE: You need wrapped candies that have "tails" of wrapper on two sides.
- A metal coat hanger
- Twine or yarn, preferably red or green
- Ribbon for a bow, or a large pre-made bow
- Cut twine into pieces that are 3" to 4" long. Tie a piece of candy to each end of each piece of twine, making your knots around the "tails" of the wrappers. There must be an inch or so of twine between the two pieces of candy. Make two dozen pairs to get started.
- Bend the coat hanger to form a circle. Wrap a pair of the tied candies on the circle, around and around, until there is no more twine left to wrap and the candies are more or less opposite each other on the hanger. Continue in this fashion, sliding the wound candies together, until the entire coat hanger is covered with peppermint candies.
- Tie a bow at the top of the wreath, near the hook of the hanger, and you're done. The finished wreath will be heavy, so make sure you hang it on a secure wall hanger or doorknob.
© 2015 Through the Country Door, Inc.