This is an easy family craft activity—even the youngest ones can pitch in and help. You'll need:
- Colorful pieces of felt fabric
- Soft polyester pillow filling
- Rickrack, sequins, fabric paint, etc.
- Craft/fabric glue
- Needle and colored thread or yarn
- Scissors or pinking shears
- Cookie cutters, preferably larger than 2"
- Tailor's chalk or soft lead pencil
- Ribbon for hanging
Trace cookie cutter shapes onto the felt using tailor's chalk or pencil; cut out two of each shape. (NOTE: if you're an artist, feel free to draw your own designs onto the felt.) Put a small bit of pillow filling between the two and whipstitch the edges together using some colored thread or yarn. Add rickrack, sequins, etc. to decorate, using glue to attach. Stitch a loop of ribbon on top as a hanger.