If you want your linens to last, they need a little extra attention. Here are a few tips to keep them beautiful—for years!
- Wash sheets and pillowcases once a week in cold or warm water with a mild detergent or a specialized linen powder.
- Dissolve detergent in water before you put your sheets in the washing machine.
- Avoid bleach; it can deteriorate soft cottons.
- Dry sheets on the permanent press setting. Remove them when they are still slightly damp to prevent wrinkling.
- Remember to spring clean your linen closet just like your clothes closet. Throw out bedding that's worn or grayed.
© 2015 Through the Country Door, Inc.