Five Kitchen Decorating Secrets Revealed
Just like your favorite recipe, the ingredients make all the difference. Think of your kitchen decorating the same way, adding just the right flavor and accent with a few key decorating pieces. From slipcovers on your dining chairs to a fresh window covering or creative storage pieces, your kitchen is just waiting for a little something new.
Kitchen Decorating Tips:
- Add storage to your kitchen and dining area. You’ll gain instant charm and great storage space where you can display some of your favorite items.
- Have a room you want to update and not sure where to start? Focus on what matters most to you. With a pencil and paper in hand, go into the room you want to update with your eyes closed. Open you eyes and very quickly spot three objects in the room you no longer love or don’t fit your lifestyle. Use this list as your starting point for your room update.
- The kitchen is the hardest working room in the house. Freshen it up with these easy tricks: introduce new colors in your kitchen accessories, update your window treatments, hang your favorite picture on the wall, roll out a new rug, touch up walls with scrubbable paint for easy upkeep.
- What to do with your old chairs? Paint them or re-upholster? How about cover them! Give your dining room a fresh look with new dining chair slipcovers.
- If you enter your kitchen directly from the outside or the garage, add a wall coat tree and a storage bench for boots. This is also a good place for a small indoor/outdoor area rug that can catch dirt, hide stains and stands up to heavy traffic.
What’s your kitchen decorating tip?
Share with us how you changed things up in your kitchen décor. We love to see how you bring new life to your kitchen with fresh accessories, vibrant color or country style.