Easy Deco Mesh St. Patrick's Day Garland!
Are you a deco mesh fan? All front door decorators should be! Why? Deco mesh is a wide gauzy ribbon with metallic highlights AND is waterproof for outdoor use! It’s made to hold its shape as you arrange it.
Deco mesh is also affordable. So we’re using it to make a St. Patrick’s Day front door garland. Let’s get started.
- Grapevine garland
- Deco mesh (buy extra to include length for fluffing it out)
- Floral wire
- St. Patrick’s Day ornaments and embellishments
- Command hooks
Click the Link Above to View This Video
1. UNCOIL GRAPEVINE AND ADD DECO MESH
- Uncoiling the vine is probably the most difficult part of this project. Lay it out on the floor or a table and pull it lengthwise, working with the direction of the loops.
- Grapevine comes in several different lengths. The vine will not lay flat, it will be looped. Measure your door frame before ordering and be sure to buy extra length taking into account the looping.
- Loosely wind deco mesh around the vine. Use 2 different colors for more vibrancy.
2. CREATE BUNCHES
Use wire to secure the deco mesh in bunches at even intervals along the vine. Keep the mesh loose and fluffed out.
3. ADD ORNAMENTS
Add seasonal ornaments and accents using wire, string or glue. Wood cutouts available at most hobby and craft stores come unpainted, allowing you to personalize for your color scheme. Or upcycle Christmas ornaments.
4. HANG IT OFF-CENTER
It’s good to shake off the decorating “rules” sometimes. Try hanging a garland lopsided, one side only, for a fun twist.
Deco mesh: love it or hate it? Tell us in the comments below!
Share your front door. Exchange ideas. Join the conversations!