Celebrate the Season With a Fall Tablescape
Set Your Table in Seasonal Style with Autumn Table Decorations
Autumn is here and your dining table is one place that makes the perfect canvas for adding the effortless elegance of the season. A stunning fall tablescape will come together easily with these tips and ideas.
5 Tips for Setting Your Table This Fall
- Take off the outdoor chill when you serve hot bread and ladle up a hearty fall soup with a pumpkin soup tureen.
- Turn a side dish into an accent piece when you present it in a gorgeous, bowl in a rich autumn shade.
- Switch out a traditional floral centerpiece for a wooden bowl filled with gourds and sunflowers to highlight all the bounty of the season.
- Welcome guests to the table with fall table settings and dinnerware that shows off the colors of the season in an attractive design. Add chargers underneath dinner plates to layer your decorating colors.
- Spotlight the autumn color palette with a warm-hued table runner and matching napkins and placemats.
Centerpiece Ideas for Dining Room Tables
Let a gorgeous centerpiece set the theme for your entertaining this fall. Take a little extra effort when pulling together a centerpiece, since it will be at the heart of your dining get-togethers, as well as providing season-long décor for your home even when you are not sitting down for a meal. Think about combining both color and texture. When you have a long table, let your centerpiece flow the length of the table; a table runner can help maintain the eye flow. Remember to keep your centerpiece low so that guests can see each other over the décor.
Don’t Forget the Foyer
Of course, you plan ahead to decorate your dining table, but don’t forget the table in your entryway. It is the perfect place to add a fall wreath, a festive floral arrangement or a charming pumpkin.
Now that your fall tablescape looks beautiful, it’s time to invite everyone to the table and enjoy fall’s finest comfort food. A hearty soup with fresh baked bread or a mouth-watering casserole is all it takes to fill the air with that delicious aroma of homemade cooking. Of course, a dessert featuring in-season fruit makes a perfect finish too.
Shop This Room
Love the look of this fall table? Click the product links below to shop this look.