Easy Easter DIY Fabric Garland, Wreath and Bunny Door
3 Easy DIY Easter Front Door Decorations
Fairy gardens and fairy doors are popular and fun for children (and adults!). Why not adapt the concept and make an Easter Bunny door? This Easter front door decorating makeover is designed with kids in mind. It’s colorful, fun and something they’ll remember all their lives.
1. DIY EASTER BUNNY DOOR
- Unfinished slatted wood panel
- Stain or paint of your choice
- Polyurethane sealant
- Faux doorknob or drawer pull
- Chalkboard sign
- Clean and sand the wood panel to prep it for painting. Apply 2 coats of paint or stain and 1 coat of polyurethane sealant. Let dry completely.
- Glue on faux doorknob or handle. You can also use salvaged hardware like drawer pulls or knobs.
- Hang chalkboard sign and mini wreath (instruction below).
This is a great project to upcycle a wood pallet. All you have to do is cut it down to size and sand it. Use a drawer pull for a doorknob.
2. EASY SCRAP FABRIC TIE WREATH
- 2 1/2 yards of fabric (we recommend approx. 1/2 yard of 5 different colors)
- Wire wreath frame
- Cut the fabric into one-inch strips.
- Cut each strip down into 9-inch pieces.
- Tie strips onto 2 rings of the frame working in a pattern.
This is a great couch project when you’re relaxing and watching tv!
Why not use up fabric scraps instead of buy new? Sort out scraps by color and tie them on in a colored pattern. Use up bits of lace, ribbon and yarn as well. This is a great opportunity to get rid of those bits and pieces!
3. SCRAP FABRIC EASTER TIE GARLAND
- Fabric and tulle (approx. 2 yards depending on the length of garland)
- Jute twine
- Cut the tulle and fabric into one-inch strips and then cut each strip into approximately 9 inch pieces. You may choose to vary the strip lengths for a more rustic look.
- Tie fabric and tulle onto the twine.
- Leave enough room at both ends of the jute twine to tie a loop for hanging.
Add a touch of green by using a spring floral garland. Tie fabric between flowers and leaves.
Looking for more information on hanging garland or wreaths?
WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE EASTER DIY?
Have you made or designed something so cute the world should see it? Post a picture in the comments below and tell us how you did it. You may be featured on our Facebook and Instagram page!
Do you want to learn more about Easter Front Door Decorating?
Robin grew up on a farm in the rolling hills of southern Wisconsin. After years living “in town,” she recently moved back to the country where she is renovating an old farmhouse. She’s an expert on window blinds and drape installations, color consultation and blind repair. Her flagship store, “House to Home Designs” is located on the historic Square, downtown Monroe, Wisconsin. Read More