Christmas Decoration Ideas for Your Living Room
Christmas Living Room Decorating Ideas
Let your home be the festive headquarters for all those wonderful holiday memories. Update your living room decor with just a few festive accents to make it the place where everyone naturally gathers. Beyond the traditional tree, there are so many ways that you can decorate your living room for the holidays. Consider these inspiring room ideas and see how you can add Christmas home décor that will be a welcoming cozy touch to your home this holiday season.
Christmas Living Room Decorations
Just a few holiday-inspired pieces can bring a festive mood to your living room.
- Remind everyone to dash through the snow or believe in the power of Christmas with a few well-placed words of wisdom on wall plaques.
- Consider Christmas living room decor such as a Meet Me Under the Mistletoe sign or hand-painted silver reindeer displayed on the top of a bookcase. Swap out living room pictures for ones with Santa, Christmas trees and presents.
- Add a touch of whimsy with a practical flair and count the days until Christmas with a wall clock pocket watch that looks like it came straight from Santa’s house.
- The addition of a few holiday accents help set the right festive tone. Set Frosty and friends loose on a sleigh ride by the sofa, or toss a few cozy holiday throw pillows on the sofa (see below).
- A simple woodland holiday garland feels cozy and welcoming. Hang it around an archway, across a mantel or frame your windows.
- Change up a traditional coffee sofa table with one that adds an interesting retro appeal to the room with a cool baggage cart-inspired one.
- Living room storage gets in a holiday mood when you incorporate decorative baskets or Mrs. Clause totes.
The Power of Red
A gorgeous shade of red can be a subtle way to add to the holiday look of your room. Choose a living room cabinet in a holiday shade and enjoy the storage and stylish element it brings.
A delicate pine-cone tree looks right at home as Christmas decor on a sofa table or in your living room’s corner. String some red ribbon on the tree to finish the Christmas look.
Cozy Festive Pillows
Get your sofa in the holiday spirit when you toss a few decorative pillows on it. Remember — your pillows don’t have to match. You can use a combination of solid and pattern throw pillows – just make sure to include some red. Classic plaid pillows set a quaint, holiday mood.
Done With Your Living Room and Now on to…
Need help with room decorating ideas for other rooms in your house? Check out our Home Decorating content for inspiration and decorating expertise for every room.
More from my site
Published on Nov 16 2019
Last Updated on Jan 30 2020