Six Bedroom Decorating Ideas Revealed
Give your bedroom a little makeover with these favorite interior design secrets that will help transform an ordinary bedroom into a spacious dreamy retreat. And you don’t have to do a complete re-do. It’s the little touches that can often make the most difference. Try just one or two of the ideas below and see how it changes the mood of the room. You can even find inspiration in the spring season and let that help guide you in a design direction.
Home Decorating Tips:
- Decorating small spaces can be a challenge, if you have a small bedroom give the bed a sense of presence with extra‐tall decorative wall accents as the headboard to take advantage of unused vertical space and draw the eye upward.
- Use wall‐mounted sconces or shelves on your bedroom walls to frees up floor space and create the impression of a bigger room.
- To achieve the most spacious feeling in a room, paint the ceiling white. Choose an accent color for a cozier feel.
- The bedroom is not just about a bed and bedside table, add a sitting area to a corner and make it your own personal retreat.
- Make a small window look bigger by surrounding it with gathered tiebacks or flowing curtains that hang outside the frame. Raise the apparent height of a ceiling by mounting your curtain rod above the top of the window frame.
- A soothing fragrance sets the mood for the room— fill a decorative bowl with potpourri or place scented candles on your bedside tables.
What’s Your Favorite Bedroom Decorating Idea?
Using the comment section below, share with us how you transformed your bedroom.