Home Decorating Tips: Blue & Gray
Embrace a Blue and Gray Color Palette
What color palette pairs cool elegance with artful sophistication? One that unites hues of blue and gray, just like the sky. This beautiful combination is a trending color palette that is popping up in bedrooms, living rooms and bathroom. Plus, it’s being embraced as a perfect choice that is equally appealing to both men and women.
Decorating With Blue and Gray
- Start With a Trio – Work with your local paint store to select a trio of complementary shades of gray and blue for your walls. Use accent walls and contrasting trim to add visual interest and set the tone of the room. A playful blue will get toned down next to a rich gray and balance each other beautifully. Keep in mind an accent color, like a rich plum or vibrant teal that can add a little pop of color in a vase of faux flowers or a charming table clock.
- Work the Walls – Now that you have a gorgeous shade on the walls, let it serve as a backdrop for an oversized piece of eye-catching canvas wall art that complements the blue and gray theme.
- Dreaming in Blue and Gray – Bedrooms benefit from a blue and gray color scheme because the combination of warm grays and cool blues can create a restful and serenity-inducing foundation especially in tradition, cottage, coastal or modern style bedrooms. Look for an oversized quilt and sham set to instantly makeover your room in this new palette.
- The Gray Spectrum – From deep charcoal to a barely-there whisper of the steely shade, there are so many shades in the gray spectrum that you can easily find one that will work for your individual space and style. Want to keep the tone light and airy? Stick with a light gray for your walls and then let key furniture pieces, such as a living room table or a sofa in a deeper shade provide contrast. Add a bohemian floor rug that combines the blue and gray combination to define your conversation area introduce a complementary blue into the room.
- Bathroom Bliss – Ready for a change? Start with one of your small spaces, like a guest bathroom to easily introduce blue and gray. All it takes is changing up the shower curtain and updating guest towels and you’re instantly showing off the latest home décor trend.
What’s your blue and gray décor tip?
Share how you plan to use blue and gray in your home in the comment section below.